The Charles County Sheriff’s Office’s Cold Case Unit investigates the homicides, rapes and other serious crimes known as “cold cases” because they have remained unsolved over time and no longer generate leads like more recent cases do. Detectives work on cold cases outside of their regular assignments and the overtime they generate as a result is funded by a grant.
Information about our cold cases is provided below. If you have information regarding any of these cases, please contact us. The victims of these crimes await justice, and their families, friends, and neighbors need closure.
We recognize that individuals may have information which may led to the successful resolution of these cases — often without being aware of its full significance. Still others may have concerns about publicly coming forward.
If you can help us solve any of them, remember you do not have to give your name. You can contact Charles County Crime Solvers by phone, text message or e-mail and provide the information anonymously. Crime Solvers offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest or indictment.
- Vickie Belk (08/29/1979)
- Deborah Ann Brooks (11/13/1980)
- Daniel Argueta Cordova (11/11/2008)
- Jane Doe (06/16/1998)
- Christopher Mader (11/25/2004) ARREST MADE
- Sterling Emmanuel Settle (10/13/1995)
- Karen Sabrina Wills (09/04/2001)
- Rape (11/15/1984)
- Rape (07/17/1992) ARREST MADE
- Child Rape (08/20/1996) CASE CLOSED
- Sexual Assault of Child (12/11/1997) CASE CLOSED