Charles County Sheriff's Office
The Charles County Sheriff’s Office’s Cold Case Unit investigates the homicides, rapes and other serious crimes known as “cold cases” because they have remained unsolved over time and no longer generate leads like more recent cases do. Detectives work on cold cases outside of their regular assignments and the overtime they generate as a result is funded by a grant.
Information about our cold cases is provided below. If you can help us solve any of them, remember you do not have to give your name. You can contact Charles County Crime Solvers by phone, text message or e-mail and provide the information anonymously. Crime Solvers offers rewards of up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest or indictment.
- Homicide: Vickie Belk (08/29/1979)
- Homicide: Deborah Ann Brooks (11/13/1980)
- Homicide: Daniel Argueta Cordova (11/11/2008)
- Homicide: Jane Doe (06/16/1998)
- Homicide: Christopher Mader (11/25/2004) ARREST MADE
- Homicide: Sterling Emmanuel Settle (10/13/1995)
- Homicide: Karen Sabrina Wills (09/04/2001)
- Homicide: Lamon Wright (04/07/2003)
- Rape (11/15/1984)
- Rape (07/17/1992) ARREST MADE
- Child Rape (08/20/1996) CASE CLOSED
- Sexual Assault of Child (12/11/1997) CASE CLOSED