Citizens who are concerned about non-emergency, on-going traffic problems such as vehicles consistently speeding on a particular road may report their concerns to the Traffic Operations Unit by calling 301-932-3062. Citizens may report abandoned vehicles by calling the La Plata District Station at 301-932-2222, the Indian Head District Station at 301-743-2222 or the Waldorf District Station at 301-932-7777.

Anyone who witnesses a traffic offense should contact the CCSO immediately by calling one of the district stations. In an emergency, dial 911.

When reporting traffic offenses, be sure to include as much information about offending vehicle as possible including its make, model, color, tag number, location and direction of travel.

You can also send an email to