Visiting Policy & Hours
Visiting is held at the Detention Center Annex. The Charles County Detention Center offers on-site and remote visits between citizens and inmates. All visits are conducted by video, not in person. Video visitation services are provided by iWebVisit.com.
The following rules apply to every person participating in an on-site or remote visit:
- Engaging in illegal or illicit behavior, including disrobing and/or sexual behavior, is strictly prohibited and will result in visit termination. A visitor who engages in such activity will be prohibited from any further visits of any inmate at the Charles County Detention Center and may be subject to criminal charges. The inmate will also be charged with violating the visiting rules and will not be allowed any more visits for the remainder of his or her incarceration.
- Visitors must dress appropriately. Clothing must cover from the neck to the kneecaps.
- If any person becomes disorderly during the visit, the visit will be terminated.
- Any person under the influence of drugs or alcohol will not be permitted to visit an inmate and will be required to leave the visiting center.
- Children under 18 are not permitted to visit on site.
Procedures and Hours
The on-site visiting center is located at the CCDC Annex behind the La Plata District Station. Visitors will connect to iWebVisit.com using video visitation stations installed at the visiting center. Space is limited and visits are not guaranteed. Visits cannot be scheduled in advance.
On-Site Visiting Registration
On-site visiting hours – Tuesday and Wednesday ONLY 8:30 – 10 am and 12:30 – 2:00 pm and 3:30 – 4:00 pm is limited to two 20 minute visits per week. Visits are subject to availability of terminals. Beginning on Monday August 13th, 2018 on-site visits must be scheduled before midnight the prior day by calling IWeb at 1-775-434-8748 or visiting their website iWebvisit.com. On or after August 13th same day visits will not be accommodated. The Annex Correctional staff will no longer be scheduling any visiting. The times and dates for on-site visiting will not be changing.
On-Site Visiting Hours
Tuesday & Wednesday: 8:30-10 a.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 12:30-2 p.m.
Tuesday & Wednesday: 3:30-4 p.m.
Visits are limited to 20 minutes and no more than three visitors are permitted at each terminal. Each inmate is allowed two on-site visits per week.
The CCDC also offers off-site/remote visitation, saving visitors time and eliminating the need for to travel.
Remote Visiting Procedures and Fees
To participate in remote visiting, you will need access to a computer with a web-cam and high-speed Internet OR an Android-based mobile device or tablet. At this time, iWebVisit does not support the Apple iPhone or iPad, however an Apple MacBook laptop is supported. Support for iPhone/iPad is coming soon, so check back regularly for updates. If you have access to this technology, go to iWebVisit.com and create your account. Then, schedule your visit.
Each inmate is allowed four remote visits per day and each visit is 15 minutes long. The cost is $4.50 per visit for standard visitors and $5.50 per visit for qualified professionals who choose to visit via this service. In the event your visit is canceled, a credit voucher may not be issued.
All non-professional visits will be monitored and recorded.
Remote Visiting Hours
Remote visits may be scheduled one day in advance and can be scheduled up to three weeks in advance. Remote visits are offered seven days a week during the following hours:
7:30 a.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Back to top