A Message From The Sheriff
Charles County Sheriff's Office
I am Sheriff Troy Berry and on behalf of the men and women of the Charles County Sheriff’s Office, welcome to our website.
Our website has information about CCSO news and events, our history, where to find us, crime prevention and much more. I also would like to take this opportunity to let you know what we stand for and how we carry out our responsibility to protect you and your families. We are committed to:
- Aggressively combating criminal activity to ensure that Charles County is a safe place to live and work
- Providing quality police services to citizens by developing partnerships with the community in a manner that inspires confidence and trust
Developing programs to solve community issues through partnerships and collaborations between the CCSO and the general public
- Implementing strategies to create an innovative law enforcement agency including proactive policing, problem solving, and advanced technology
- Demonstrating integrity and ethics
- Being honest and transparent to ensure an atmosphere of trust and to nurture an open and safe environment for us all
Additionally, as your Sheriff I am committed to my fiduciary responsibility to the citizens of Charles County and to implementing good business practices by conducting independent annual audits to safeguard against unnecessary spending.
I believe the men and women of the CCSO are the Agency’s most valuable asset and I am proud to lead them as we fulfill our solemn obligation to our community. We hold ourselves accountable to high standards and, as Sheriff, I take seriously my responsibility to ensure we provide the highest quality police services to all those who live in, work in, or visit Charles County.
Please reach out to us if you need us or if you have an idea about how we can work together to keep Charles County safe.
Sheriff Troy D. Berry