Police Officer-Entry Level
Starting Salary: $59,604
This position involves general police work pertaining to the enforcement of all applicable statutes and laws within the jurisdiction of Charles County. This may include crime prevention, investigation and detection, protection of life and property, traffic control, and maintaining law and order in Charles County. Work related to this position has the potential for personal danger and involves working with all levels of the criminal element. Officers receive direction from supervisors and carry out their assignments in accordance with established operating procedures, yet must be able to act without direct supervision.
Now Offering Up To $2100 Sign-On Bonus
How To Apply:
- Registering for an account does not make you an applicant. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed or considered for employment.
- If you are a first time user of the new online application system, applying for a position, you will need to create a new account. Please save your username and password.
- All components of the application and questionnaires must be fully completed in order to be evaluated for the position.
- Your application is complete when you have entered all required information, submit and receive a “Thank you for applying” notice. You will also receive an email. (Check your SPAM folder)
- The system allows you to upload your resume and training documents.
- Once your application has been received you will receive an email response, you may also log back into the system at any time to review your status update. NOTE: Status updates are only available for the positions of Police, Corrections, Cadet or Court Security.
Before applying, please make sure you view the Description and the full Announcement to make sure you meet all qualifications. If you have questions regarding meeting a qualification, please visit https://www.ccso.us/employment/are-you-eligible/