On Saturday, Oct. 12, the Charles County Sheriff’s Office will be coordinating traffic control for a large funeral service at New Life Church in White Plains. Several hundred people are expected to attend. The procession may start sometime near 11 a.m. and may include hundreds of cars. Unless otherwise noted, the procession travel route is as follows:
- Route 301 south to Washington Avenue
- Washington Ave to Rosewick Road
- Rosewick Road to St Charles Parkway
- Right on Billingsley Road
- North to Route 5 (Mattawoman Beantown Road)
- Mattawoman Beantown Road to Trinity Memorial Gardens
There could be some delays near the church and there will be delays as the procession moves forward from White Plains to Waldorf.
Please note: There are two other large events going on in the county: the COPS bike ride in Bryans Road and the parade in the Town of La Plata (scheduled in the morning).